Friday, June 12, 2009

And so it begins...

When I was in eighth grade, I was really into web design. Yeah, I'm aware how weird that sounds. In fifth grade my friend and I decided it would be fun to make websites. They were really dumb. There was nothing on mine, I'm pretty sure, but a description of who I was, some animated gifs and a midi that played the Mission: Impossible theme song. Shut up, it was fifth grade.

But then I started caring about how things looked. I played with photoshop, looked up stylesheets, played around with HTML. And that's when my first blog was born. I'm pretty sure I've had at least four or five online journals since then (some of them concurrently) but they all kind of phased out of my life after a while. Does anyone remember xanga? I used that thing on and off for about 5 years.

So why am I trying to do this again? I'm not really sure. Maybe it's because recently I've been updating my twitter status around 5 times a day and it's getting a little ridiculous. Maybe I need one place to gather my thoughts and spew them all out at once. Maybe it's because I need yet another thing to distract me from thinking about the future. Maybe I was inspired by the start of another blog. Maybe I just need to start writing again.

College is done. Sure, I still need to take a few classes. And yes, at some point I will be back in school. But everything that was easy and organized and planned out for me is pretty much over. I'm an adult now. (hahahahha... right.) But seriously. This is the start of something new. And, as I now try to get the song from High School Musical out of my head after that sentence, I plan on chronicling it. Maybe no one else will care about what I have to say or want to listen to me drone on about various things happening in my life, but who cares? I'm not doing it for you. So here's to the start!

No comments: